Friday, August 31, 2012

Big Lake CampOut 2012!!!

Our view from camp
Home Sweet Home for 5 days!

My parents and Blakes tents
Cody found this fun crossbow dart thing for the kids to have while we were up there and they LOVED IT!!

So cute they took it so serious!!


she really is such a daddys girl!!

There were wild flowers everywhere so Tatum and I were always picking flowers and making lil bouquets!





Helping grandpa build a fire

She couldn't find any gloves help build the fire with so she took her socks off and put them on for her gloves  so funny she thought she was smart doing that!!

Here she is getting ready to enjoy the fire she helped build and then seriously seconds later the dang bee got her!! Broke her heart!!! :(

Yummy kabobs
My mom bought this awesome open flame popcorn maker it worked so good and made the best popcorn!!

All smiles playing peek-a-boo with Kariah

One night Dustin and Kariah came up to hangout and Tripp loved her !! I mean loved her like wanted to be her boyfriend so funny!!!


Dutch Oven biscuits and gravy!

One afternoon Cody set up a archery course with targets randomly placed all over at different  yardages and positions!  Everyone I think enjoyed it here are the competitors 

One of the shots had to be taken from your knees!! :)



At the end of the course my Dad and Blake were tied so we did a "rock flip" to see who went first in the shoot off!!

The shoot off was through the trees on your knees and having to guess the yardage obviously not getting to use your range finder!!


The ol Man came out on top!! And was Crowned "King Of The Mountain"!!! :)

Cody couldn't take it and had to take the random shot just for fun!! :)

This lil guy is so stinkin cute we turn around and we just sitting there all serious in his position ready to take his shot!! All Boy love him!!!!


I know how cute are they!! :)

Fishing at Big Lake

For some reason this fishing trip she loved the worms so funny she thought they were so cute!!

yes thats a worm on his tounge

Being the good parents that we are we convinced her to lick a worm and told her licking the worm would bring good luck to her fishing trip!! Lol so funny!!


The chipmunk friend we made!! He loved Tripps pringles!!

Her first fish of this trip

Proudly holding her fish it she would have held it all day long!!

Tripp even caught one on his tiny fishing pole so funny!! We ended up catching 6 fish the first day and I think 3 the 2nd so I guess licking a worm was a good idea!! :)

Too Cute!!




He seriously is so adorable I just wish he could stay that little forever

Love him!!

Gunner loved going to the lake!! We obviously didnt have much luck when we took him he scared every single fish away with all his obnoxious swimming and jumping



This tent has been around for 4 generations I mean its like 50 years old!! It started with my Grandpa and Grandma using it and then my dad using as a kid and then as an adult and then  we camped in it all the time when I was a little girl and now my kids got to camp in it!!
Thomas Daniel Parsons "Grandpa" ! I took a pic of of the tent bag its his old army bag I just think its kind of a cool thing of my grandpas that will always be around!! 

Classic family pic lil awkward!! And if you havent noticed Cody wore the same outfit the ENITRE TIME we camped so funny love him!! I dont know why he wanted to do that but he did and it cracks my up!!!

She loved handing out popcorn to everyone! And then she would go around when eveyones  popcorn was gone and be like "do you want more?" and you be like "no Im ok" and she would be like " say SURE I want more" It was so funny so we would all have to say "Sure I would love more popcorn!!!"


Last week the 4 of us and Gunner loaded up the truck and headed up north to Big Lake to go on an end of summer camping trip, with my family! It was originally planned to be ALL my family but some peoples schedules got busy so it ended up being my parents my lil brother Blake his girlfriend Chelsee and us!!! We had so much fun!!.. At first we were really worried that we were going to be soaked the entire time with all the rains that had been going through the area but we did not get hit by one storm and the weather ended up being perfect cool morning cool evenings  nice afternoons!!! My parents and Blake found us the perfect spot and we all ended up camping for 5 days straight up tent camping!!! I really think if Tatum had her way she would live in the mountains she seriously didnt wanna leave!! She was so mad the morning we started to pack up and is already counting the 365 sleeps till the next camping trip!! We did some fishing had a  archery competition of course a TON of eating I mean the amount of food was just ridiculous!!..haha...but thats the best part of camping is all the fun dutch oven cooking and open fire cooking it was just a really good time!!..We made it out of the trip with only one bee sting one dog bite and one really bad sunburn!!! :)  I seriously took like 300 pictures my camera died on day 3 and I had to switch to my phone and I took like 50 on there so I had hard time picking just a few so like always its  major pics overload!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, looking at all your pics makes me really regret not going! You got some awesome pictures! Every single one of them is so cute! Looks like a blast! I love the kids shooting their crossbow, Tripp is hilarious always so serious with his shooting! I cannot believe you let Tatum lick a worm! Disgusting! She's brave holding that little fish all by herself! And oh my gosh, your husband, seriously couldn't change his clothes! haha, kills me!I'll have to make myself go on the campout next year.

    ReplyDelete